We love to give our guests a taste of the traditional Welsh experience, and one of their favourite breakfasts is our take on Welsh Rarebit, dating back to 1725 when it was originally called Welsh Rabbit.
Take a look at our recipe to recreate this delicious breakfast at home!
300g grated Welsh cheese
1tsp mustard powder
A pinch of chilli powder
2tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Heat the milk in a non-stick pan, then add the cheese and heat on low until melted
2. Add the chilli, mustard powder and Worcestershire sauce
3. Remove from the heat, and add the cornflour – mix well
4. Return to the heat, and beat with a wooden spoon or whisk until thickened
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly
6. Whisk in the eggs
7. Pour into a lined tin and cook for 20 minutes at 170 degrees
8. Leave to cool, then slice and store in the fridge